Tuesday, November 21, 2006

A Love Letter to Jesus

Do you remember the last time you wrote a love letter? A heart felt note to someone you truly love and care for? How would it make them feel? I imagine they would enjoy it, Don't you? This thanksgiving take some time to write a love letter to Jesus, tell him how thankfull you are for the things He's done, for the things He is doing, and celebrate the things He is going to do. Tell Him what He means to you. If you've hurt Him in some way tell Him your sorry, He's very forgiving.
Have you thought about how much you mean to Him? Just like a spouse or best friend, we often spend time together doing things together, and then spend twice as long talking about how we enjoyed them, what we saw, our perspective, even though we just shared the expirience with them. Is it any different with Jesus? Hasn't He been with you all day, doing everything with you, watching your every step, crying with you, laughing with you; just delighting in you his very creation. Wouldn't He like to hear you perspective, wouldn't it do you good to hear His.
As parents don't we enjoy hearing from our childeren? How was their day at school? or Maybe you all just went to see them same movie, Don't you ask them what they thought, how was it, what was your favorite part? ect...
These are the things that build our relationships with the ones we love. Communication is key to our relationship with Jesus or anybody else. How can you build your relationship with Jesus today He's been with you all day, He knows your struggles and He longs to hear what you have to say about them. We often tell everybody in the world anout the things we're going through and never tell our Lord Jesus Christ. Why not? Can our friends really do anything beyond the scope of their control, to change our problem or situation? Sure they can offer us comforting words or, maybe just be a good listener. What about Jesus, does He not sit at the right hand of the father? saying, Come, all you who are weary and heavy ladened, for my yoke is easy and my burden is light. Cast your cares upon Jesus today, remember he is the one who holds the power to turn your test into a testimony, your mess into a message and take a victim to victory.
Won't you cast your cares upon Jesus today. Surely, there is a friend who sticks closer than a brother.

2 comments:

Sandy said...

I love reading your posts Jack! I needed this today. I have felt Satan trying very hard this week to push his way in. My moods, thoughts and even my words have been "tainted" this week. And he pushes even harder when I push back at him. I'm going to try my hand at a little baseball today and knock his flat on his booty!

Now, I'm going to write my letter. Thanks for the words!

Jessica said...

Good post Jack. I will do the same...